This page contains affiliate links. This means I will be compensated if you click certain links and make a purchase. This is at no extra cost to you. Click here to see our full Disclosure Policy.
Last year I started using Audible to listen to books. I don’t spend a ton of time in the car, but I like to listen while I’m getting stuff done around the house. I usually listen to or read non-fiction books, but after hearing about it, I knew I had to download ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho.
My Favorite Quotes from ‘The Alchemist’
‘The Alchemist’ is a classic fiction novel about an Andalusian shepherd boy named Santiago, who learns how to listen to his heart and follow his dreams. The lessons in this book are profoundly inspiring. I created a list of my favorite quotes in hopes that others will want to read it as well.
- “There’s one great truth on this planet. Whoever you are or whatever it is that you do when you really want something, it’s because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It’s your mission on Earth.”
- “The soul of the world is nourished by people’s happiness, and also by people’s unhappiness, envy, and jealousy.”
- “To realize one’s personal legend is a person’s only real obligation.”
- “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- “Life attracts life.”
- “There is one way to learn. It’s through action.”
- “Everything you need to know, you have learned through your journey.”
- “Most people view the world as a threatening place and because they do, the world turns out indeed to be a threatening place.”
- “Before a dream is realized, the soul of the world tests everything that was learned along the way.”
- “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.”
After you’ve read it, leave a comment below letting me know how much you loved it!